RSS

Orange Caesar


I've been on an OJ-bender lately. I can't get enough of it. We got a bunch of Oasis Premium OJ for only $1.25 each (normally $4.99, on sale for $2, used $.75 coupon).  Needless to say, it's all gone. I recently bought a new jug of Tropicana, since it was part of a store promotion (buy $20 in Pepsi/Quaker/Tropicana products, get $30 gift card for groceries). So very awesome.  Anyway, I love frozen orange juice. So much. I put a plastic cup of OJ in the freezer and later snacked on it like it was Italian ice. I know it's not as smooth, but I still loved it. :)

Anyway, so I've been thinking about this drink. I don't want to get in trouble for sharing a recipe for something that is trademarked. I also can't think of any better name to call it - it's orangey, frothy, chilly, yummy deliciousness.  So I looked up recipe ideas and found one by Alton Brown. OMG I love that guy. So I watched his recipe (and another entire episode because man, I just can't stop).

His recipe calls for fresh squeezed OJ and orange zest. I don't have this on hand, but I DO have OJ. So I substituted the juice and omitted the zest. It was still very awesome.

Here's the basics. Blend together:
  •  about 8 frozen cubes of OJ
  • 1/2c milk
  • 1tbsp powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4c liquid OJ (2oz)
Check out his recipe on the Food Network's website.

Post a Comment

DML. Powered by Blogger.