RSS

Easy Quiche


Our oven is broken. I have no idea what's wrong, but the darn thing just won't heat up. Good thing we have a toaster oven! I've been forced to only cook things that can fit in the toaster oven or be cooked entirely on the stovetop.  Fortunately, my pie plates and cake pans fit in the toaster.

This is another of my Mom's secrets. Okay, most of my best recipes are hers. She really should be co-writing this blog with me. I always forget the exact measurements for the base, so I often look it up on allrecipes.com  This is a great example, though I rarely make the ham and broccoli version.

In a large bowl start with:
  • 3-4 eggs
  • 1.5 cups milk
  • 1/2c baking mix
  • 4tsp butter/margarine (softened, melted, or just in little bits) 
  • salt & pepper
Add:
  • 1 c cheese
  • 1 c meat
  • 1c veggies

 Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, check it. Coninue cooking if necessary until the eggs look cooked and the top has browned.
    My preferred version uses spinach, onion, bacon, and cheddar cheese. Those are ingredients I usally have on hand in the freezer. Of course, you could do all-veggie or whatever you like. Lately I just make the basic mix, pour it in the pan(s), then add veggies/cheese/meat until it looks good! Kind of like making a pizza. Of course, I always use onion and some kind of cheese. :)












    0 comments

    Posted in

    Post a Comment

    DML. Powered by Blogger.